anyone running summit brand dual exhaust?

A

Anonymous

Im not planning on any racing. I need a good dual exhaust on the cheap. I could have a local exhaust shop put one on but then I would have to pay to have it towed. Anyways here it is.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D680146&N=700+4294908216+4294925054+4294908177+4294840140+115&autoview=sku

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Well I actually did try one of these systems on a 1967camaro here. I was pretty good. It fit well and really had NO issues with anything. So hope that helps a bit. Jim

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i bought that set up mine fit ok except the pipes out the muffler over the rearend i couldnt get it to fit rite its 2 piece section after the rearend pipes the tail pipes slide on and exit the rear bumper i think its good for the money just might need to be tweeked for an exact fit i went a step further and bought summit welded mufflers might be worth the xtra $$ last longer worst case the header pipes and mufflers will fit fine then could drive to a muffler shop to tweek the tail pipe set up if your car is driveable but who knows maybe your kit will fit better than the one i got when i ordered mine i asked if they could swap the crimped mufflers for the welded ones they wouldnt so if you want different mufflers i would buy the pipe kit if offered then buy mufflers seperate G/L

A

Anonymous

79izfine said:
i bought that set up mine fit ok except the pipes out the muffler over the rearend i couldnt get it to fit rite its 2 piece section after the rearend pipes the tail pipes slide on and exit the rear bumper i think its good for the money just might need to be tweeked for an exact fit i went a step further and bought summit welded mufflers might be worth the xtra $$ last longer worst case the header pipes and mufflers will fit fine then could drive to a muffler shop to tweek the tail pipe set up if your car is driveable but who knows maybe your kit will fit better than the one i got when i ordered mine i asked if they could swap the crimped mufflers for the welded ones they wouldnt so if you want different mufflers i would buy the pipe kit if offered then buy mufflers seperate G/L

Was the kit you bought the 2.5" like the one in the link I provided or the bigger 3" kit? I just ask because I heard the 3" kit does not fit over the rear axle correctly. Thanks

A

Anonymous

your set up is cool but I prefer all the way out the back. thanks for the help 8)

malibu101

Frequent Racer
May 22, 2003
Walnutport PA
I am using the Jegs 2.5" dual setup. Pretty good for the price.

Downsides, at least on my setup, are-
the left pipe from the header to the muffler could be bent a little better. Right side fits beautiful, the left fits OK but just seems a little sloppy compared to the right.

The pipes from the muffler to the bumper are in 2 pieces. One bends up over the axle the other is just a 18" straight extension. Works perfect but looks a little hillbilly since you can see the connection from the side of the car. I think they did it for shipping purposes.

At the end of the day- I am satisfied but would not sing praises about it.

A

Anonymous

malibu101 said:
I am using the Jegs 2.5" dual setup. Pretty good for the price.

Downsides, at least on my setup, are-
the left pipe from the header to the muffler could be bent a little better. Right side fits beautiful, the left fits OK but just seems a little sloppy compared to the right.

The pipes from the muffler to the bumper are in 2 pieces. One bends up over the axle the other is just a 18" straight extension. Works perfect but looks a little hillbilly since you can see the connection from the side of the car. I think they did it for shipping purposes.

Out of curiosity is your jegs kit made by imco? my summit kit has imco written on all the pipes and on the mufflers. Thanks

At the end of the day- I am satisfied but would not sing praises about it.

Cool thanks for the info, I ordered summits kit but haven't put it on yet. Im going to be coating the under side of the car with chassis saver soon so I need as much stuff out of the way as possible.

Out of curiosity is your jegs kit made by imco? My summit kit has imco written on all the pipes and on the mufflers. Thanks

79malibusbc

Dragway Regular
Aug 21, 2007
old bridge new jersey
yes all jeg's kits and summits are made by imco i put one o my brothers (mopar) 3" kit and it fits good...but he did not want the tailpipes i put turndowns on

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts