axles lengths

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
What is the standard axle lengths for g bodies??
I emailed currie and did not get a response yet, so i figured this would be the place to ask the question.
I dont think it'll change from a 7.5'' rear to a 9'' because it has to do with the width.

Thanks

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
currie wouldn't tell me.. nothing new on their part.
I figured they'd have a stock measurement of axles on their computers but i guess not.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
9" rears use 2 different length axles, if i'm not mistaken. the width of the housing from end to end is the same though if you have one that was made as a "bolt in" for a g body.

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
the axles are different lengths.
I just figured if currie makes g body rear ends to copy the stock look they'd have a certain axle length. I didn't know they would vary that much. I am tired of using the telephone and email with these folks, i'm going strange or moser next time.

jitteryguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2009
Afganistan
I have a QuickPerformance 9" and had Moser short'n my axle's, one is bout 26" long and the other is bout 29" roughly .it is roughly 54" flange to flange !
the folk's at quick perforance and Moser were both super freindly and helpfull , but keep in mind they are busy (more so this time of year) and they probably get 50 call's a day from people that will never buy any thing !

onefastermonte85

Pro Stocker
Jun 23, 2005
erie,pa
i heard some negatives about moser and their axles not to long ago. I was actually going to look into strange axles, but their pricey.

A

Anonymous

Malibu355 said:
I wouldnt be affraid of Moser. I have never heard anything bad about them.

^ x2, I have been running a set of moser axles for 5 years now in my 79 Camaro, and have not had any trouble.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts