Best brake pad for drag racing w/ stock brake system.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
What MPH are we talking here and are we using factory or aftermarket? And if anyone is using any aftermarket stuff how do you like it and what are you using?

TRAVIS

Amateur Racer
Feb 1, 2007
MORRISTOWN TN
Im running 120-121 now and should be about 125 in the 1/8 at 3400 lbs next year so I need all the stopping power I can get on my local tracks. Im gonna try the Hawk pads up front and put some decent pads on the back and see what happens.

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
Soon after the 1st of the year I'll be working on mocking a set of 14" rotors front and rear with Brembo calipers. Pads are a good idea but what you need more than that is a large surface area for better braking leverage. 17" Snyper wheels are on the way so let the fun begin...!

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
COPO 572 said:
I'm glad someone posted this question, I was just about to do the same.

Has anyone tried the EBC "yellow stuff" kevlar brake pads? I read about them in one of the car magazines and they said they were great. I don't know if it was just a commerical for one of their sponsors, or if it's the real deal.

On the Summit site they say they are a full race pad, but unlike other race pads, they have excellent bite even when cold. At $105 a set I'd like to think they do something.

Anyone?

They dust a bit more than stockers, but they work well. They may squeal under light usage, too, no matter what EBC syas.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts