Big Block Swap Accessories

SlowMonte

Feb 10, 2016
I'll admit, I'm a poor searcher and have been unable to locate any answers.

What front accessory drives are you using that still include air conditioning? I see lots of aftermarket stuff, but I kinda went a lot over budget on the engine. Now I need to get it running and in the car on a shoestring. Any help is very much appreciated.

87 Monte Carlo SS

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
OEM style accessory bracket kits are avialable at most restoration companies. I used everything from a 454 pickup. There are a few different setups for trucks. One is identical to passenger cars...

Tommy

SlowMonte

Feb 10, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, your response was just vague enough that I am still where I started.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Sorry. I originally got all my alternator and power steering pulleys and brackets from Burt Chevrolet, but they got bought out. You can get kits from most of the Chevelle resto catalogs for 70-72 BBC accessories. There are minor differences from 70-72, but if you're not doing a resto on one of those cars just go with the cheapest one that has what you need. I think the brackets I got were the same as 71. If you call Ground Up I bet they can help you pick out what you need. They're pretty good guys.

Ground Up:

1-866-358-2277

There's also a complete accessory setup from GM, but it isn't cheap:

Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
I used all truck accessories minus the power steering brackets. I used the wide belt pulley setup of the mid 80s trucks. I believe I used a 1986 c20 big block suburban for reference. If memory serves me right.

SlowMonte

Feb 10, 2016
Thank you both. Those both give me great places to check. Also in directions I hadn't considered.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
This place offers whole kits and adapter brackets to make use of GM truck 4.3, 5.0, and 5.7 brackets on a BBC

Otherwise, I have used the brackest that came on the BBC in a G-body. So, lon water pumps went into use around 1969, those brackets until 1987-ish when GM went to serpentine belt should work.

Hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!