big radials under a monte

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
I borrowed a couple different sets of rims from my drag radial buddies to try on my maximum notched frame.

So far, everything has fit the frame with no problems, and by my measurements, will fit inside the body also, but measuring and actually getting them inside the body could be a different story :)

I have 315/60/15s on the chassis now. They are mounted on a 15x10 wheel with 5.5" BS. There is about 3/4 - 1" of clearence everywhere on the frame so if I can get a wheel with 6 or 6.25 bs I will be as tight as I want to be on the frame. I may just narrow the rear end a smidge so we car trade wheels and tires around from car to car.

Mark 79 Monte

Dragway Regular
May 21, 2003
Auburn, Washington
I have the 325's on a 15x10 with a 5.5" back space. I'm running a big notch, stretched the wheel tub wider and rolled the fender.

I think no way they will fit without cutting a large portion of the frame out of there and widening the stock wheel tub.

A

Anonymous

I'd like to see something like ABS (actual backspace...my invention) measures from the mounting point to the section width of the tire so we can really compare different rim sizes with different tires. ;)

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Here is a pic of the wheels and tires that I mentioned above. From the measurements that I took from my car before I took it apart, the tires are going to be really close to the body.

518206_77_full.jpg

Man thats a huge tire, lol.

A

Anonymous

holy crap that looks scary. I would be fine with crusing that thing but no way I would try and put any power to that frame no matter how much cage you put in it to tie it together.

540Malibu

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Shrews., MA
Diesel77 said:
holy crap that looks scary. I would be fine with crusing that thing but no way I would try and put any power to that frame no matter how much cage you put in it to tie it together.

why? the only thing the fram does behind the spring is hold the bumper on?

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
The frame is actually stiffer than it was before I did the notching and extra bracing. There will be plenty of other bars from the cage running around back there so I am not worried at all. There is a piece of 1" box tubing bent to the contours of the frame that is fully welded to the inside of the frame rail that really stiffened the car up. I did this before I did the frame notch. Trust me, its alot more stiff now than it was before.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts