Brake anchor pin

A

Anonymous

All i need to do is install the anchor pin for the springs on the rear drums to install the brakes. My problem is i have 2 sets of used anchor pins and can not for the life of me get the nuts on more than like 4 turns. Are these supposed to be this tight??? :?

A

Anonymous

81 4 door said:
All i need to do is install the anchor pin for the springs on the rear drums to install the brakes. My problem is i have 2 sets of used anchor pins and can not for the life of me get the nuts on more than like 4 turns. Are these supposed to be this tight??? :?

what are you talking about 'anchor pins'......you mean the pin and spring set up that holds the brake pad to the backing plate....

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
...also, which nuts are you refering to...wheel nuts?
Be more specific...
Jack :?

A

Anonymous

in the gm assembly manual they are referred to as anchor pins. They are the two threaded pins that slide through the top of the backing plate and rearend with a spacer and nut on the back. The upper drum brake springs hook onto them.

After a lot of thread cleaning and working them back and forth, i finally got them on.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
I know what you mean now...truthfully, I've never had to remove them for any reason. They were always kind of stationary.
It almost sounds as though there really isn't much thread on the pins, if you can only crank them down so much.
I would probably just snug them up as much as you can without over torqueing them. Does the manual give you any kind of torque value on them at all? If not, it's probably left to your discretion.
Jack :?

A

Anonymous

I need 2 anchor pins if anyone has them and doesn't need them :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!