Brake Lights Trolling Me!

DopeSick78

Feb 29, 2020
My brake lights stay on unless I reach down and pull the pedal up? Its like there is a spring missing or something. I cant seem to find anything on this, and looking I don't see anything missing. I am sure its a simple fix has anyone already bested this issue? The damn lights are taunting me :D

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
how much are you pulling the petal back up??

DopeSick78

Feb 29, 2020
Close to 1/4 inch, it seems like there is a spring missing that should hold it up. But I don't see anything or a place for one. But not sure what I should be looking for either lol.

Chevys_Only

Daily Driver
Nov 22, 2012
Altoona, PA
Are your brakes working properly aside from the light issue? If they are the brake light switch probably just needs adjusted. The switch is above the brake pedal inside the dash. When the brake pedal returns it pushes the plunger in on the switch turning off the lights. The switch slides into a metal clip that holds it in place. Sliding the switch in toward the pedal should turn the lights off. When properly adjusted the lights will be off when the pedal is at rest but will come on immediately when the pedal is pressed.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!