brake line schematic...

wannabe

Frequent Racer
Aug 31, 2009
I just had a 9" with ladder bars put in the malibu and my rear brake lines were destroyed. Is there a schematic showing the brake line route down the frame? and for that matter, does the brake line have to follow the frame rails? could it be run down thru the interior and dropped thru the floor to the rearend? ...wannabe

Sikmalibu

Dragway Regular
Apr 2, 2008
Central NJ
Mine runs in the framerail and goes in between that rear bracing that the upper control arms bolt to and comes out in the middle of the rear. Then thats where the hard line stops and the rubber hose connects right there. Then it branches off th ego to each wheel cylinder. Hope this helps.

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
Don't run it through the body, keep it on the frame. The movement between the body and frame could eventually crack the line. I'm pretty sure that's why the factory made a few coils in the lines where they mate up with the master cylinder, to allow them to flex and absorb vibration. A quick look under a car at a junk yard will tell you how the factory did it, but you don't have to do it the same way if you don't want to.

I would just run it along the driver's frame rail, from the proportioning valve back to where the rear brake hose connects to the frame, which is just inboard of where the drivers side upper trailing arm bolts to the frame. If this doesn't make sense let me know, I'll try to take a couple pics.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts