brakes race only ????

rich

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
kenniwick wa.
why -3 lines not common except for brake only parts why 3/16 line and not metric or 1/4"
i'm planning out my brakes and was looking at sweglok (sp) fitting we use them at work s/s fittings and teflon s/s braid lines good for over 3000psi no double flares they have stright s/s line that can be bent easily to how ever i need to run it any reason not to rules line sixe etc educate me thanks rich
http://www.swagelok.com/search/find_pro ... spx?RPR=90

:?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
=; Stop thinking about that idea!! Compression fittings on brake systems are a one-way ticket to an accident!!

Using any type of compression fitting on a brake lines is rediculously unsafe, it's not DOT legal & it's unacceptable for pretty much every form of racing tech inspections. [-X In the event of an improperly tightened or assembled connection there's nothing to hold the line in the fitting under pressure.
All automotive flares except ISO (bubble flares) have to be double flared. The seat on the male & female parts crush the double flared tubing to make the seal. Single flares are for malleable ("soft") metal tubing like copper. You'd be hard pressed to get any non-malleable metal like steel to seal with a single flare.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts