brakes

coolAl357

Amateur Racer
Jul 18, 2005
central n.j.
Before I do anything stupid, the large brake is for the front brakes? I installing my lin-loc, If I go in with the large line I should come off with the lin-loc with the same size tube and then into the porportioning valve correct? Just want to sure. Thanks Al this car is a 79 malibu.

A

Anonymous

coolAl357 said:
Before I do anything stupid, the large brake is for the front brakes? I installing my lin-loc, If I go in with the large line I should come off with the lin-loc with the same size tube and then into the porportioning valve correct? Just want to sure. Thanks Al this car is a 79 malibu.

from the m/c to the line loc and then to the proportioning valve yes, IF this is the stock proportioning valve for this set-up.. yes large line to front brakes.

A

Anonymous

If you want to pass tech inspection at the track the line loc needs to be installed after the valve (NHRA regulation 3:1)

Installation is simple:
1. Unscrew the two front brake lines from the proportioning valve and screw them into either side of a "T" fitting.
2. Put a plug in one of ports on the proportioning valve.
3. Run a new line from whichever hole you decided not to plug to the "IN" port on the line lock.
4. Run a new line from the "OUT" port on the line lock to the "Tee" fitting.
5. Plug any extra holes in the line lock.
6. Bleed brakes
7. wire your line lock
linelock3.jpg

coolAl357

Amateur Racer
Jul 18, 2005
central n.j.
That looks easy enough, Thanks Al

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts