Bucket seats

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
I would use stock Monte Carlo seat to floor brackets. G-body bucket seat brackets are the best choice. You can also use four G-body bench seat brackets.

Doug

Gbodyjunkie

Oct 17, 2020
I would use stock Monte Carlo seat to floor brackets. G-body bucket seat brackets are the best choice. You can also use four G-body bench seat brackets.

Doug
The stock brackets have a slight bend to them and the grand am seats are flat mounting surface

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
The stock brackets have a slight bend to them and the grand am seats are flat mounting surface
Your right. They also come with spacers to even them out. I take the spacers from the rear and add them (with a longer bolt if needed) to the front for a recline seat.

Doug

Gbodyjunkie

Oct 17, 2020
Your right. They also come with spacers to even them out. I take the spacers from the rear and add them (with a longer bolt if needed) to the front for a recline seat.

DOUG212XRJ I can't think you enough,I'm good with mechanical work but stuck when it comes to something like using different seats,again thanks

HighLiner

Sep 29, 2019
I used the same seats when I built my car back in the day. I had a bench seat so there wasn’t any inner brackets. I just bent some metal close to the same gauge as the outer brackets and welded them to the floor pan.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!