car hieght after 8.8 swap

silver79

Weekend Racer
Jun 3, 2003
whitewater, WI
So I swapped in the 8.8 successfully using the swap kit from a member here and I made the new adjustable arms. I ordered brand new NAPA replacement 79 malibu springs and the car sits low in the rear. why is this? Much lower than the old factory 7.5" rear. WIll wagon springs make up the difference or am I stuck with a test and check?
Thanks

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
that's strange,it's a long shot but have you tried putting the old springs back in?i can't imagine the arms you made would effect the height,wagon springs are stiffer,if you could find someone that had them to try them that would be the way to go.i had a set of cargo springs in my elco it didn't effect the height at all but they became stiffer with the more stuff i put in the back,i don't think they would help i'm just thinking out loud here.

silver79

Weekend Racer
Jun 3, 2003
whitewater, WI
Yeah, the way I saw it the height of the power perch from the ground may have changed as I changed wheels and tires to do the swap but the distance between the perches shouldn't have changed. IT must be my wheel/ tire combo thats making look all weird. The car looks like your in the gas hard when its just sitting there. Lauches hard on the street though. I'll try and get some pictures.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
What are the before & after tire/wheel sizes?

Tommy

silver79

Weekend Racer
Jun 3, 2003
whitewater, WI
Tommy,
You got it. The newer drag radials in the back have a much shorter sidewall than the previous tires. Once I get some new front tires it should look about proper. Thanks Guys

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts