car not turning over & remote solonoid

h2opunk182

Weekend Racer
Nov 8, 2008
Seaford, NY
so yesterday i put the battery in the trunk and ran all the wires where they needed to be, i go to start it up and im barely getting a crank, it sounds like the battery is completely dead. (brand new battery too).. im thinking its a bad ground somewhere.. but all my accessories come on.

now the question with the remote solenoid is i hooked up my alternator wire to that, is that ok??.. im pretty sure i wired everything else right since its working. (except for the cranking issue)

ScotSea

Frequent Racer
Sep 21, 2003
You are losing voltage somewhere along the way. Do you have a voltmeter? Use it to determine where the voltage drop is, and that will tell you what you have to fix.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Figure it out? My thought would be to make sure there is a good ground getting to the motor from the battery, and also a good ground for the solenoid (I figure this is somewhat unlikely as a solenoid is typically an on/off deal, not much room for in-between). Also double check your positive cable connections of course.

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
Yeah...I had some relocated battery issues but mine was the car not dying when I hit the kill switch...ended up being too small of a wire not properly charging the battery and I had a supply wire from the alt to my 150 amp circuit breaker which in turn fed my 12V junction which fed my fuse panel for all IGN switched sourced leads. So when I flipped my kill switch over, the battery was dead to the front but th ecar stayed running becasue the alt. was still feeding it all. I spent a couple hours coming up with a way to modify the wiring with a 75A relay so now I can kill it from underhood or from the rear mounted kill switch...and now the kill switch COMPLETELY drops everything out...even the entire fuse block and IGN stuff is shut down. It can be a pita but once you got it all sorted out, it's cakee after that.

h2opunk182

Weekend Racer
Nov 8, 2008
Seaford, NY
i totally agree.. i threw in a switch panel and took out the stock tumbler.. and everything is run off several switches now.. (after having my first monte stolen.. there is now 2-3 diff switches you have to turn on just to get any sort of power :0) )... needless to say im only 26 and still learning the ropes!.. have a longgggg way to go

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts