Carb help

reel01

Dragway Regular
Jul 7, 2006
Philly
Can someone please help me out. i bought an holley 850 DP used, off this site. Years...back. I had the carb sitting in box. Never used it. Until recently. When i went to install on my sbc406. Ill say this.. i had to rebuild the carb. To just get it to run. I think i did well for my 1st rebuild. But then again. Im questioning myself. The reason, im questioning myself. The carb has proform base plate, as well as metering blocks. Im not sure if there is any further more adjustment needed. Can someone point me in the way of a carb rebuilder? Preferably in phila, pa. But im willing to ship the carb. You guys can email me [email protected]..
Thanks

art

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2008
Mastic, New York 11950
What seems to be the trouble?
The current "pump gas" is not carburetor friendly at all unless you drive it daily, and you will still have gasket and pump issues.
9 times out of ten it is the deposits/damage left by E-10 that is the source of yor troubles.

blu402mally

Pro Stocker
Jul 27, 2008
phila,pa.
Can someone please help me out. i bought an holley 850 DP used, off this site. Years...back. I had the carb sitting in box. Never used it. Until recently. When i went to install on my sbc406. Ill say this.. i had to rebuild the carb. To just get it to run. I think i did well for my 1st rebuild. But then again. Im questioning myself. The reason, im questioning myself. The carb has proform base plate, as well as metering blocks. Im not sure if there is any further more adjustment needed. Can someone point me in the way of a carb rebuilder? Preferably in phila, pa. But im willing to ship the carb. You guys can email me [email protected]..
Thanks
yo try nickens carb rebuilders they are located in bristol,pa....they are in front of Pennco Tech..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts