Carb Options

A

Anonymous

What different types of carbs could we use as options on the V-6? I need to dump the CCC emissions carb in favor of something better? I don't want to throw a lot of money at it, just want something to bolt on and go.

Trickbu

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Which 6 do you have?

A

Anonymous

Opps! The Chevy 3.8 which is the 229. 81 Malibu.

Trickbu

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Do you want to retain your stock manifold? or go to a performer? a small 390 carb on a performer manifold would probably work pretty good. Along with an upgraded ignition system.

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
You could also try finging a cast iron 4bbl manifold from a 85-86 chevy fullsize truck 4.3. That would bolt right on, and be cheap.

A

Anonymous

At this time, I just wanna retain the stock manifold, I can get the car running, it idles for about 2 minutes but it then backfires, and I have to keep pumping the gas. And it runs crappy and backfires. I have to check a few things like the firing order, the thermostat, vac lines (which I know are cracked). I removed a bunch of the smog stuff. Bottom line is if it is worth messing with or just save the cash for a V-8.

Trickbu

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Well, if you want a v8 eventually, then save your cash for one and dont mess with the 6. If you just want a cruiser, then I would say fix the six!

You could just put a non CCC Dualjet 210 on there along with a non CCC distrubutor from an earlier model.

A

Anonymous

Trick,
I still have a non-ecu carb and distributor coming. I'll let ya know how it goes. It should be shipped to me this week.

Jon

80...howz them hardley's? :p

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts