Carb question (3.8 V6)

A

Anonymous

Darwin,
thanks for your input. since im not really too worried about fuel economy, well I dont have to get 20+ to be satisfied.... though it would be nice. Right now im driving my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee, usually i get between 15/18 and am satisfied with it.

considering im probably lucky to see 70hp to the wheels now, 200 is doesnt sound bad. But, being that it may cost as much to source a decent 4.3 and some aftermarket parts as to get a mild 350 i may have to go that route. then there is the choice of finding a complete motor to drop in or rebuilding a junk yard motor.

Still undecided, though i am leaning to the extra two cylinders. Headed to the pick and pull tomorrow, Ill see what i can find.

3xBrowncutty

Amateur Racer
Jun 21, 2009
Erie, Pa
A little late, But I have a carb off my buick 3.8 for sale. Ran fine end of last month. Whole carb minus the electric choke. LMK

A

Anonymous

well i appreciate the offer... but i have a back up i picked up a couple weeks ago. to add to that, i have decided to not put much into the 3.8 that is in there. im going to start tearing it down this winter for a ground up build.... so the 3.8 will be temporary.

but thanks anyway.

A

Anonymous

Well, the plan for this weekend is to rebuild the donor carb, drain the 10-12 gallons of fuel in the tank, refill with good gas, change the oil, spark plugs, and radiator fluid, and try to start the beast. oh yeah, I need a new battery to (dont have one in there now).

Hope it goes well.

A

Anonymous

Well, i got it running...

see my post in my project thread. definately need a carb rebuild.

http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=86306

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts