Comp Engineering shock adj.

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
The settings on Competition Enginneering 3 way shocks are XF F R does this mean 60/40 70/30 90/10? or do i have it backwards,i took them off in the middle position.

BillJ

Weekend Racer
Sep 8, 2003
Chicago suburbs, IL
Before you make any attemp to set the valving ,hold the shock upright and run it through its travel 10 or 12 times. this purging effectively removes any aeration inside the shock. if you stroke the shock upside down or sideways air is allowed into the shock and you won't get the adjustment right. with the shock fully depressed (keeping it upright) and you have to line up the notch on the collar with the setting on the shock body, still depressed rotate the collar clockewise until a click is heard. Now the internal adjustment is engaged.
XF =40/60 F= 20/80 R= 10/90 in drag race terms it is the same as 60/40 80/20 90/10 per CE. If the shock is set to R 10/90 then it only 10% of total force to extend it . To compress the shock 90% of force is used. I hope this helps Bill

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
BillJ said:
Before you make any attemp to set the valving ,hold the shock upright and run it through its travel 10 or 12 times. this purging effectively removes any aeration inside the shock. if you stroke the shock upside down or sideways air is allowed into the shock and you won't get the adjustment right. with the shock fully depressed (keeping it upright) and you have to line up the notch on the collar with the setting on the shock body, still depressed rotate the collar clockewise until a click is heard. Now the internal adjustment is engaged.
XF =40/60 F= 20/80 R= 10/90 in drag race terms it is the same as 60/40 80/20 90/10 per CE. If the shock is set to R 10/90 then it only 10% of total force to extend it . To compress the shock 90% of force is used. I hope this helps Bill

Bill, I've heard that before, but I'm curious how air can enter a shock that is sealed. If air could get in, then you would think oil or gas, (depending on the type of shock), could escape. Just wondering, Lee

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts