Comparison between BMR and full race roll bar.

pdqwagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2009
Grove City Ohio
Is there a big differance between the two? How much more body roll will you have with the BMR Extream roll bar compared to a race anti roll bar. I like the idea of a bolt on bar but dont want to spend the money and still have the car twist up when launched.

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
The BMR bar is a very nice piece, but it will never be as stiff as a true anti-roll bar. It will greatly improve the twist in your car, but never totally eliminate it. A true anti-roll bar will. Both have their pros and cons.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
5 door, do you know how much your setup weighs? I am trying to shed a few pounds this winter, and my moly Spohn pro series bar is like a freaking cinder block dangling from the rear end.

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
mean78malibu said:
5 door, do you know how much your setup weighs? I am trying to shed a few pounds this winter, and my moly Spohn pro series bar is like a freaking cinder block dangling from the rear end.
I'll weigh one tomorrow when I get to the shop and let you know. If you don't hear from me by noon-ish, shoot me a PM and remind me. Things are kind of hectic around there right now and it's not unlikely that I won't forget. LoL!

BMR Tech

Daily Driver
Nov 20, 2008
pdqwagon said:
Is there a big differance between the two? How much more body roll will you have with the BMR Extream roll bar compared to a race anti roll bar. I like the idea of a bolt on bar but dont want to spend the money and still have the car twist up when launched.

Car will not experience any sort of body roll at all. This bar has been in the high 7's on a stock suspension drag radial (twin turbo big block)car with no issues of body roll.

If you have any othe rquestions please feel free to ask :D

PS- we are running a Veterans Day Sale 15% off (25% off if active military) till Monday

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
This big mother is running a BMR bar by the way, quickest run ever on saturday. It isn't perfectly level because the chassis is bending in front of the rear end as it only has a roll bar in it. Dead hook, 468, 5400 stall, steel headed, full stock suspension car. The center of gravity is slightly behind the FRONT door jamb. My gofather's car, hopefully the 'bu will leave like this someday :twisted:

707731235__dsc5623.jpg

CIMG1161.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts