dialing in viking shocks to hook on street

nasty187

Weekend Racer
Nov 8, 2008
North fond du lac wi
I'm looking to set my grand national up to hook on street. I have umi rear uppers and lowers with heim, roto joints, still use poly in housing. Pinion angle is set at -1.5. Up front I am running all umi arms also with poly bushings. I am running viking shocks with double adjustable compression and rebound. Front is a 450 coil setup spring . Rear I have a trz adjustable mount with 150# 12 inch long spring in stock location. Car is full weight no , on a 28 x10 mickey sr radial ,15 x8 wheels.
At the moment I am trying to hook it on this sr tire, problem is leaving at anything more the 2 psi tires roll 3 gears. I put the shocks at 14 compression and 6 rebound on rear. On front I set to vikings starting point. Even a 20 mph roll it comes into boost and rolls them and car steps out alil but continues to push forward. Im still running front sway bar, and have a rear h and r roll bar out back. I ordered a set of mickey new ss drag radials but not sure when backorder will be here.
So im trying to get car with these tires to hook open to suggestions.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
That sounds backwards on the rear shocks If you are running 14compression and 6 rebound.
If your 600HP or less try 0-4 compression and 4-10 rebound on the rear shocks.
Front should be between 12-18 compression and 0-4 rebound.

Craig

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!