Drilling/tapping for screw-in studs...

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
I don't think that's gonna work either. The Stud Bosses are usually Milled down about the thickness of the Hex shoulder on the screw in Studs. Rocker clearance, Valve train geometry will be wrong. If you even have enough thread for adjustment.
Todd

NOT A TA

Frequent Racer
Nov 30, 2009
Delray Beach FL
Darren, I think you'll have problems. You can see the steps to replace the press in studs with screw in ones by following the link below, scroll down till June 3, post. There's a bunch of small details and measuring, setting heights, depths etc. left out as it's an overview. And because the heads shown are different than yours there may be other considerations for your particular heads. http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=92684&start=15#top

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Well I double checked the new against the old studs, they're taller overall but don't hit the valve covers, and the bottom of the threads is a little higher... it's just something that we'll find out when everything goes together I suppose. I went and measured the pressed vs screw in studs and must have remembered the wrong length. There are shorter studs at Summit, so I may wind up ordering a different set or getting some locally.

NOT A TA

Frequent Racer
Nov 30, 2009
Delray Beach FL
I think the bottom of the rocker is going to hit the nut part of the screw ins even if you have enough threads, or the ball part will bottom on the flare.

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
You may be ok. Usually the heads that I had seen at the machine shop, were milled on the bosses. But that was because there were guide plates used as well that lifted the whole stud assembly up 1/8".

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts