Drop back and punt

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Ribbedroof said:
For the marginal amount of drag to run the disengaged clutch when in a performance mode, I'd much rather have the A/C for the other 99% of the time. But that's just me.

Interested in the whole pan issue as well, just lurking till then :)

The only reason I mentioned without A/C is I'm not sure how it interferes with the frame. If it fits, then by all means! I'll definitely be keeping it then.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
In Alabama heat and humidity, it's almost unbearable without A/C. I will probably relocate the A/C high on the passenger side. You can do it using a modified S10 mount and the R4 style compressor:
s10_ac_adapter.jpg

78Bu88SS

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
MalibuRacing said:
78'Bu-88SS said:
I ran into the same alignment issues that you are having. Motor ends up moving back 1-1.5" so it makes everything clear nicely. The back of the head does get close to the heater box tho.

Do you have any pics of the pan installed in the car? I'm just curious, I'm probably gonna go the same route.

I have some pics, but I really want to wait until I get it fully bolted into place. It fit in my first trial fit. The bottom of the pan did hang about 1/2" below the crossmember. I just can't say with certainty at this point that it will fit, since I'm having trouble with bolting the motor to the mounts. I'll try to get the pictures posted this evening, showing what I have so far.

Great, thanks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll fit. I put in a set of poly mounts so I'm not really worried about the motor rolling much. But I'd like more ground clearance.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!