F41 and aftermarket bracing diagrams (pics added)

1Gary

Amateur Racer
May 8, 2013
Roch,NY
TOMS78BU said:
Gary, I don't know anyone who adds all these braces and such (extra weight) to a drag car. This is more oriented toward a car built for corner carving. These cars will twist at launch with enough power, but some sort of anti-roll in the rear will cure that. At the very least, you can put an airbag in the right rear spring and it will help some. If you are concerned about the strength of the frame, you could weld in a roll cage. There is not any huge reason to be adding bracing all over the front of the car though for drag racing a high 11 second car.

Tom-ok now I found it.LOL.

The dilemma I thought I was facing is these cars are known as great bracket cars because they hook so well.While I am trying for a serious wt reduction,I don't want it to lead to cutting the floor or firewall.And while I'm all about safety,nor do I want to be forced into a moly($$$$) 10 or 12 point roll bar so I prevent from adding the wt back in the car.I do however want to build a high 11 second car that launches square and in yrs to come doesn't come back to bite me with a twisted frame.A steel roll bar would likely add back 150lbs in a 12 point.

I have read however the upper rear cross-member needs to be reinforced.Especially if you use the bolt in coil over's.The does kind of lead back to a 8 point.I also see me trying to incorporate a motor/mid plate still not cutting the tunnel or floorboard.I think that would help even in a high 11 second car transfer torque.

We have for yrs built combo's tailored from bumper to bumper to run a number.I'm trying to apply that to Malibu's once I learn more about these cars.

So what you said is good news to me.BTW-I do see me using a 9 bolt for the ease of swapping center chunks with spools for gear ratio's.One for a 1/4 mile and another for 1/8 mile.Is there a anti roll bar kit for those 9 bolt swaps??.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Solid body bushings will also help, the car is basically a unibody that stiffens the frame, and the stock body mounts allow movement that can be reduced/eliminated with solid mounts.

1Gary

Amateur Racer
May 8, 2013
Roch,NY
Yeah.That is what I was thinking.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts