fbody oil pan for a gbody

uneek1976

Weekend Racer
Jul 15, 2009
Will a fbody fit without any notching to the frame? I want to keep my 700r4 in the same spot and I will be using either DirtyDingo or TransDapt mounts?

bigmandengo

Weekend Racer
Apr 22, 2010
madison, wi
It will fit with 1" setback plates, but it will be very tight. I had the f-body pan the first time I put my motor in. It worked fine for a year but I ended up switching to a cts pan. Fits much nicer.

uneek1976

Weekend Racer
Jul 15, 2009
The ctsv pan is actually the pan that I'm looking for but I can't seem to find one so I thought I could get away with the fbody pan.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
No, it closes the 1" gap from bellhousing flange to bellhousing flange that is left by the swap. Lets say you have a SBC with a distributor hooked to a 700r4, leave the transmission in the car, remove the dinosaur, and install an LS, you need 1"setback plates to close the gap.
I've got 2 LS2/LS3 Corvette pans (Not the batwing pans) that are very similar to the CTSV pan-$250 shipped in the lower 48, pan, gasket, pickup tube, and the full length windage tray-like the truck engine came with.
And 1 Fbody pan for the same price shipped. pan, gasket, pickup tube, tray
PM me a #

uneek1976

Weekend Racer
Jul 15, 2009
B.G. said:
No, it closes the 1" gap from bellhousing flange to bellhousing flange that is left by the swap. Lets say you have a SBC with a distributor hooked to a 700r4, leave the transmission in the car, remove the dinosaur, and install an LS, you need 1"setback plates to close the gap.
I've got 2 LS2/LS3 Corvette pans (Not the batwing pans) that are very similar to the CTSV pan-$250 shipped in the lower 48, pan, gasket, pickup tube, and the full length windage tray-like the truck engine came with.
And 1 Fbody pan for the same price shipped. pan, gasket, pickup tube, tray
PM me a #

What's the differecne between the vette pan and the cts v pan?

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
The ctsv pan has a 5 1/2" sump, the c6 pan has a 5" sump, but its a couple inches longer and has a different/rounded shape in the front of the sump area.
Also, do not confuse the c6 pan with the older c5"batwing" pans.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
I'm using the 1'' inch setback plates and a F-body pan, like mentioned its close but it still fits.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts