Finally starting to make some progress!!

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
You are doing a great job on your car>>!!!!! I have 1 question and commet for you... From one of your pic I see you are running QA1 coil over set on the front.. Are they the 350 pound spring or the 450....?? Next by what I can tell you have the bottom of the shock mounted below the AArm like a stock set up would be......When I was talking to the tech guys At QA1 they told me mount the shocks on top of the A arms...They said if you don't the bolts would brake.....Thanks

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
Do you have a closer pic of your relay panel I am going to make one for my car...But I don't want it to be a wiring nightmare and your looks very clean....Thanks

tyster89

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2008
North of ST Louis MO 30 miles
malibu001-1.jpg

They are mounted the correct way and are #450 springs.

daschra79

Amateur Racer
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis Area
Yep thanks Ty they are mounted the correct way. However, I did switch to a 350lbs spring per QA1's recommendations. But I'm keeping the 450's on the shelf just in case.
Kirbystud said:
Do you have a closer pic of your relay panel I am going to make one for my car...But I don't want it to be a wiring nightmare and your looks very clean....Thanks

Thanks man! These are the only other pictures that I have of my relay panels. I made a front and rear panel just to keep things a little cleaner. The nice part about the rear panel is I only have a single wire for each relay going to my switches.

Malibu153.jpg

Malibu177.jpg

Malibu180.jpg

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
Very clean,i have a similar build in this section,after seeing that color combo my valve covers will now be powdercoated black and the intake will be left uncoated plain. ](*,)

daschra79

Amateur Racer
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis Area
SkidmarkSS said:
Very clean,i have a similar build in this section,after seeing that color combo my valve covers will now be powdercoated black and the intake will be left uncoated plain. ](*,)

Thanks man! Ya I wasn't sure how it was gonna look with the black valve covers and uncoated intake, but I'm really glad I went that way I think it turned out pretty good.

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
Thanks for the info......

daschra79

Amateur Racer
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis Area
Well I got the motor fired up tonight!!!! It fired up the first try without any problems at all, I am pretty pumped. I still need to break it in and adjust the shifted linkage but other than that its pretty much done.

daschra79

Amateur Racer
Nov 16, 2009
St. Louis Area
tyster89 said:
Awesome!!!! The ol beast is alive 8) Sound great?

Oh ya it sounded awesome, can't wait to take it out and spin it to about 7000rpm. I'll let you know when i'm heading to the track.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts