Ford 8.8 list

randyb

Weekend Racer
Aug 29, 2009
Grand Rapids MI
I have seen a lot of posts on the ford 8.8 swap to a g body does anyone have a list of what cars came with the 8.8 that will go in a 1978 malibu

randyb

Weekend Racer
Aug 29, 2009
Grand Rapids MI
Thanks for the help. I will be doing the swap soon sent a couple emails to kevin s over at baseline Ill be getting the parts from him

tusk

Weekend Racer
Jun 14, 2009
Wilmington N.C.
randyb said:
Thanks for the help. I will be doing the swap soon sent a couple emails to kevin s over at baseline Ill be getting the parts from him

yeah i'm gathering all the parts also for a swap,will be using baseline uppers and i made my own lowers,hope to have it in by the end of the month

oh yeah,you can use the sn-95 rear but it is a little wider than a fox,a new edge rear will also bolt in but it is longer than the sn-95 rear

tusk

Weekend Racer
Jun 14, 2009
Wilmington N.C.
foxz said:
the bottoms you made the same length as stock?

honestly i dont know,i made them off a jig i made using a southside machine bar,i made them out of 1.5 dom .025 wall and have 3/4 heim joints on them

tusk

Weekend Racer
Jun 14, 2009
Wilmington N.C.
randyb said:
Ok may sound a bit dumb but what does the abbreviation SN-95 mean :-k

sn-95 is the chassis designation for the 94-97(i think,maybe 98) mustang,then they started calling it new edge,until the current chassis

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
What are you doing for wheel backspacing? driveshaft? ..... i've been looking into 12 bolts and 9" swaps, but this sounds interesting

tusk

Weekend Racer
Jun 14, 2009
Wilmington N.C.
abigda said:
What are you doing for wheel backspacing? driveshaft? ..... i've been looking into 12 bolts and 9" swaps, but this sounds interesting

for the driveshaft,you get the 8.8 u joint yoke from moser,can order it from jegs or summit,the backspace on the wheels i believe for a 10 bolt in a 15x10 is 5.5,since the mustang rear is a little wider i'm hoping i can get by with the 15x10's with 6.5 i currently have on my fox mustang,i am mini tubbing and will cut what is required to make them fit :twisted:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts