front control arm bushings

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
what do you guys suggest i go with for replacment front control arm bushings? anybody use the Del-a-lum? i dont want any binding anyone running the solid steel.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
I ran the Del-A-lums with stock a-arms before going with the TRZ arms. Del-A-Lums are a great product. Zero deflection, almost no friction, no binding, greasable and the bushings can be replaced at a later date. The ONLY down side is cost, but a great product.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
10secBu said:
I ran the Del-A-lums with stock a-arms before going with the TRZ arms. Del-A-Lums are a great product. Zero deflection, almost no friction, no binding, greasable and the bushings can be replaced at a later date. The ONLY down side is cost, but a great product.

X2 & there's no harsh noises or clunking like with some steel bushings.

Tommy

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
looking at the prices it appears that the steel are cheaper but thats cause they advertise them 1 per package you add that up and they are only about 50 dollars cheaper. i was thinking about using lower Del-a-lum and upper steel. seeing my car only goes short distances on the street i dont know if its worth the difference in cash?

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I have used the steel bushings with teflon liners and they were great no binding and they were loose enough that you could flop the arms up and down with no effort... definately softened the feel and helped transfer...

Chris K.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
their's a good article in the july car craft about putting global west in all four corners of an elcamino check it out.i'm running them in the rear and i'm a fan.i've been thinking of changing the fronts in the future.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts