Front Control Arm Shafts Upper Control Arms

colin

Weekend Racer
Aug 23, 2008
Hi Im replaceing my upper front bushings on my G body does any one know how to remove the shafts that run through the bushings so they can be replaced im using the Global west bushings they use grease

Betcha618

Frequent Racer
Sep 19, 2007
coram, NY
colin said:
Hi Im replaceing my upper front bushings on my G body does any one know how to remove the shafts that run through the bushings so they can be replaced im using the Global west bushings they use grease

You have to remove one of the bushings then the shaft comes out. Also when installing them you have to put one bushing in then put the shaft in then the other bushing. the bushings are what holds the shaft in.

colin

Weekend Racer
Aug 23, 2008
so i wont be able to press them out ill have to cut them out?

colin

Weekend Racer
Aug 23, 2008
Moroso Trick Springs

Does anyone know the front weight of a malibu with a big block I removed my engine before I weighed the front and I need to order the correct springs ....Thanks

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
IIRC, the bushings are flared after installation. You need to peen the flared ends flat before you press them out.

Tommy

Betcha618

Frequent Racer
Sep 19, 2007
coram, NY
LS6 Tommy said:
IIRC, the bushings are flared after installation. You need to peen the flared ends flat before you press them out.

Tommy

No you don't just use an air chisel and hit them out. i do it all the time.

colin

Weekend Racer
Aug 23, 2008
They came out easy as pie couple of good wacks with something solid ,Now my next question is do you think I should use the global bushings on the lower ones as well ?
do the bottom ones come out as easy as the upper ones ?they are in good shape ...Im wondering if an upper set alone will keep my control arms from binding when i launch the car ....the top ones were real stiff i could barely move the arm

Betcha618

Frequent Racer
Sep 19, 2007
coram, NY
colin said:
They came out easy as pie couple of good wacks with something solid ,Now my next question is do you think I should use the global bushings on the lower ones as well ?
do the bottom ones come out as easy as the upper ones ?they are in good shape ...Im wondering if an upper set alone will keep my control arms from binding when i launch the car ....the top ones were real stiff i could barely move the arm

If you already have the front end half apart you might as well do all of them, they come out just as easy , there's no shaft, just press them out and press them in. Don't go past the shoulder on the bushing!!!! I've seen ppl do that and ruin the control arm.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts