G-Body Rear Suspension

jmerc

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2009
staten island, ny
Im sure you guys are getting bored of my rear suspension questions by now but my dilema continues. As Im waiting for the next sale from UMI and I continue reading the advise given here I see that TRZ offers a setup thats comparable to the UMI. Any thoughts on one over the other? This setup is for an 85 Monte, small block, 30 over, supercharged, nitrous, 9:1 comp, P & P 882 heads, comp cams nitrous/supercharger cam, th350 fully built, 3500 stall, 9" converter, eaton posi 4:11 's.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
jmerc said:
Im sure you guys are getting bored of my rear suspension questions by now but my dilema continues. As Im waiting for the next sale from UMI and I continue reading the advise given here I see that TRZ offers a setup thats comparable to the UMI. Any thoughts on one over the other? This setup is for an 85 Monte, small block, 30 over, supercharged, nitrous, 9:1 comp, P & P 882 heads, comp cams nitrous/supercharger cam, th350 fully built, 3500 stall, 9" converter, eaton posi 4:11 's.

Hello
Thanks for considering UMI Performance! The best advice I can tell you is feel free to open a account on our website and we will update you on when or what products will be on sale! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad :D

jmerc

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2009
staten island, ny
Thanks Brad, I have an account and am waiting for the next sale notice but you know how it goes as Im waiting my mind keeps going over my choices and I start second guessing myself. Hopefully you guys will run some type of sale for the holidays.

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
jmerc said:

Hello, just to give you another option. We offer front upper and lower a arms and a complete rear suspension for the g bodies. Our x treme rear anti roll bar will stop any body roll issues that you might be having. Our parts are race proven and will hold up to abuse at the track or on the street. Here is a link to our site. If you have any questions please let me know.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/G-Body.htm

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
Like mentioned above there are many different options and opinions. BUT...Just another thing to keep in mind when you purchase from UMI Performance! Is not only you are getting a great quality product that is made right here in the USA and we stand behind our products. We also offer top notch tech support and customer service. Besides last time I noticed BMR (Dennis) is the only other Sponser offering tech support on this forum! \:D/
Take Care
Brad :D

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Not trying to start a war here, or keep one going, but TRZ's folks have been here advising people before, as have UMI and BMR. All are good companies. I have TRZ on my car and they are a nice piece. I would imagine that UMI and BMR are nice as well. John at TNT has been a member for a long time and he is a good guy. Their stuff looks nice as well. Iceman (Rick) has also been here a while and makes a good product at a great price from what I hear. In the end, you just have to decide what you require and what price you wanna pay, all these companies will have products to suit your needs and it is great that they provide us with choices when we used to have no parts available for these overlooked cars (g body in general). I don't think you could go wrong either way.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
im running umi rear uppers,lowers and front lowers. work awesome and look great. its all about choices. they are all great companies and all site supporters! hey umi !!!! im still waiting for the front uppers to be available! it was any time now about 1.5 years ago...lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!