Gas pedal (dbw )does not fit in 79 elco-HELP

A

Anonymous

I am installing a 5.3 LM7 from a 2007 classic silverado(2006 parts) into a 79 elco and I'm using all the components from the truck(wire harness, fuel lines trans lines computer etc.)
The drive by wire pedal is made from plastic and hits the trans tunnel on the right (due to the shape)and the steering column on the left. Is it possible the use another pedal from a differant vehicle? Has anyone encountered this before? Is it possible to moldify the plastic pedal(cut and reattach) and not
worry about it coming apart or stranding me?

I understand that the pedals are matched up to the computer and sometimes do not work in differant vehicles. If this is so what should I do? Thanks in advance for any help.

A

Anonymous

So far today I've cut the pedal and sculpted it to fit under the dash/I've cut down the pedal mounting bracket so the pedal sits about the same height as the original/ the pedal is now much shorter and with the bracket mod sits pretty good/ I need to find out what I can use to attach the two pedal sections together as they are some sort of composit plastic, I'm thinking of running a metal strip down the front and side(s) and attaching them with small nuts n bolts and then disassemble it and weld the strips together and reattach the welded piece with the nuts n bolts. If anyone knows of a way to possibly glue or weld this together that will last other then what I descibed PLEASE let me know, right now its held together with a wing and a prayer so I can at least try to mock up the above without it falling apart
Thanks in advance I know somebody has a answer for this!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts