Glovebox Door lock removel

Spaceboy1980

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2008
Lewisburg TN
Just went through this.

Lock the box and leave the key in it.

Look between the latch and the glove box and on the cylinder you will see a chrome line that is about 1/16 of an inch visible.

Push down on it with something, I used an eye glass screwdriver.

Pull cylinder out of the latch, you can pull the key out now.

pldmalibumalibu

Amateur Racer
Oct 7, 2009
The 508
Thanks for the Info ..I got a glovebox door from a boneyard and wanted to paint it to match the rest of my interior..Went back this week and grabbed the key ..switched from chrome knob to black ..My glovebox door was cracked by previous owner so now have mint door with better looking knob..

Spaceboy1980

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2008
Lewisburg TN
Good job, it's amazing what little things can do to tidy up the car. I was amazed how much simply polishing all the chrome in the cab can improve it. Chuck the headlight switch in a drill and spin it against a rag with compound and you'll see what I mean.

pldmalibumalibu

Amateur Racer
Oct 7, 2009
The 508
switching from lite powder blue to dark blue interior found most of the dark blue panels and repainted everything with SEM intrior paint .. old interior panels were faded & cracked ..

Spaceboy1980

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2008
Lewisburg TN
My cutlass has dark blue, it's a great color. Shadow Blue is the color in rattle can from SEM. Is that what your's is?

Spaceboy1980

Weekend Racer
Feb 5, 2008
Lewisburg TN
I can get any pick you're interested in, do you just need a general idea to the color? I dyed my nos console from gray to blue and it matched the old one perfectly.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts