Goodyear DOT Drag Radials?

A

Anonymous

Get a set of the M/T drag radials. Here's a link a guy that sells on ebay. He's got the best prices that I've found and quick shipping.

http://stores.ebay.com/MCCORMACK-RACING_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Sickness

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2005
Long Island
Yea, I just realized goodyear doesn't make the size I need anyway. (315/60/15)

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
You gonna be able to fit a 315 tire? Better have a very heavy notch for that.

Sickness

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2005
Long Island
Supe said:
You gonna be able to fit a 315 tire? Better have a very heavy notch for that.

Sorry I wasn't specific, these are going on my mini-tubbed Nova.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
I myself wouldn't put a drag radial on a daily driven car. They just won't kast very long and I suspect the continious driving on them would kill the soft compound and then they wouldn't work on the track well.

These tires were never really intended for long term street use. They came into play for the drag radial classes and for M/T to beat BFG at their own game.

Short drives here and there is fine, but I wouldn't do it for a daily driver. treadwear rating of ZERO IIRC.

Sickness

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2005
Long Island
10secBu said:
I myself wouldn't put a drag radial on a daily driven car. They just won't kast very long and I suspect the continious driving on them would kill the soft compound and then they wouldn't work on the track well.

These tires were never really intended for long term street use. They came into play for the drag radial classes and for M/T to beat BFG at their own game.

Short drives here and there is fine, but I wouldn't do it for a daily driver. treadwear rating of ZERO IIRC.

Well, I don't even have one set of rims yet, let alone two for street tires and track tires. So this is my only option.

A

Anonymous

One of the reasons on the top of my list why peoples sh*t doesn't run... they drive their race tires on the street. Not saying a tire that's driven on the street wont hook, I'm saying it wont hook like it's supposed to.

4doorbu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
south jersey
i wouldn't drive with the goodyears everyday, they have a real soft sidewall just like a slick. not stable on turns, and easy to puncture.

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
the nitto 555r's would be your best bet if you want to drive it alot....they are not nearly as soft as the others and they have something of a tread pattern...in case you get caught in the rain...they still suck wet but you might be able to make it someplace if you can go easy.....the BFG's you might as well pull over and wait for the road to dry....

i'll be running nitto's again one day when the car is moving again lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!