Goodyear DOT Drag Radials?

mikes

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2003
Capital District, Upstate New York
tires

Hi all, i run nittos for the weekends and occasional drive to work and back...far from a daily driver but to work or even the cruise spot for me is 30 miles one way. I like the nittos for that, they seem to hold up real well but have to say I dont like them at all for fast drag use(they were borderline for me at my speed and thats by no means fast...LOL). 12.50's or so is prolly ok and 60 fts 1.7 or slower and they would work fine, especialy on a decent track. I will keep them for the street driving because they do wear so well but I will have a second set of slicks/wheels for the strip/racing.

A

Anonymous

My Camaro is a 12 second daily driver. I run Nitto drags on it. I abuse whatever tires I buy anyway (ridiculous burnouts) so I don't pay much attention to tread life. A good friend of mine was cutting high 1.6 60 foots with Nitto drags on his 2001 Corvette. I have been 1.7s a couple times but average in the 1.8s due to poor track prep on street nights. I drive my Nitto drags in the rain all the time. Just keep an eye on the tread depth, any bald tire is going to skate around in the rain. Not just drag radials. My Camaro is currently running 12.60s with a best of 12.61 @111 with the stock 1400rpm converter and 3.23s. The car is currently apart, I'm installing Yank 4k converter for it and a 12 bolt with 3.73s. I'm expecting 11.80s @ 114-115 with that set up.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!