Got my 6.0 today the swap begins.

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
well i have a decison to make, keep the 6.0 and the bu or jump on this amazing deal of a 98 z28 with a 01 LS1 in it. However if i get the z28 id have to sell the malibu so yeah very tough call to make right now. i love the bu but the driveability of it isnt there anymore. its kind of at the edge of streetability.

ill let you guys know what happens with what i do.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
6.0 has a lot more potential than a regular SBC. You can make the same or more power with an LS motor and it will be much more streetable.

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
Doober said:
6.0 has a lot more potential than a regular SBC. You can make the same or more power with an LS motor and it will be much more streetable.
yeah but im also looking at making a move to arizona possibly so i need someting right now that runs and drives and is ready to go. It would be super hard for me to take the bu and all the peices for it along with the rest of my stuff so right now the camaro may be the best choice for me. plus not only that I can pick me up a rust free malibu down there when i decide to go :)

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
Doober said:
Where are you looking at in AZ?
chandler by the looks for things. Ill know more here within the next few weeks, have some details to iron out with work and what not.

MalibuMan1979

Frequent Racer
Aug 17, 2008
flint, (lapeer), michigan
maybe i am wrong, but don't the ls motors come with steel crank, forged rods, forged pistons? why would you have to buy replacements for nos? also, check out

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/

these guys are really into the ls stuff. i toured their facility a while ago. very impressive.

my80bu

Weekend Racer
Oct 5, 2008
Belvidere IL
MalibuMan1979 said:
maybe i am wrong, but don't the ls motors come with steel crank, forged rods, forged pistons? why would you have to buy replacements for nos? also, check out

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/

these guys are really into the ls stuff. i toured their facility a while ago. very impressive.
motor can handle a 200 shot with ARP studs in the bottom end but most of the LS motors from 2000-2002 can handle 150 without an issue anything past that your playing with fire. And it depends on what year 6.0 you get for the forged stuff if i remember but just cause its forged doesnt mean you can throw alot of nos at it. Texas speed makes a kit with larger rings in for the pistons to handle the big shot you want to shove down its throat.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts