Got my slicks, run tubes?

A

Anonymous

I finaly got my slicks yesterday, now I am wondering if I am suppose to run tubes in them. They are MT 8.5 x 26. The sticker on em says 'tube type'. Thanks.

Doug Keen

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Central, Illinois
They will hold air more consistently with tubes, personally in my 28x10.5's I go tubeless. Less rotating weight.

A

Anonymous

Cool thanks, I am gonna get some pictures up as soon as I get my internet working at home again.

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
I also run tubeless with 28X10.5 on 10 inch rims with no rim screws.

It is true they will leak a bit sitting around for weeks but not been a problem at the track.

Sandy

Amateur Racer
Nov 9, 2005
My new Mickey Thompson 28X10.5 slicks do leak down over a few days.

I took one down to the tire shop and put the wheel in their water tank to check for leakage. After a while it was clear that there was very fine bubbles coming from the sidewall.

The tire people tell me this is normal and this is why tubes are required if you want to realiably hold air.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Just coat the inside of the tire with plain dawn dish soap. My 28x10.5's have been holding air pressure for at least a year and a half now with the rims drilled but no screws installed.

Sickness

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2005
Long Island
Supe said:
Just coat the inside of the tire with plain dawn dish soap. My 28x10.5's have been holding air pressure for at least a year and a half now with the rims drilled but no screws installed.

Or green palmolive.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts