Hazards, but no blinkers

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
Anyone have a suggestion? I bought that metal fuse fuse. thats about as far as i could take it.
any ideas?
Im pretty sure i can hear clicking with the hazards on, but i dont hear anything for the blinkers

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
uhh...put a new flasher in it? Or is that what you call a 'fuse fuse' lol

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
Oh thats funny. I dont know what it is, i dont know why i typed fuse x2.
I dontknow how to describe it, its at the bottom right of the fuse box, and it dosnt look like any of the other fuses, its a metal case, with 3 prongs that plug in.

A

Anonymous

Yea that is the flasher.

If you have changed any of your bulbs lately or if one of the bulbs is burnt out it can give you problems due to the way that it works.
Try and go to the parts store and get an electronic flasher, it is not affected by a change in current. I believe the part is like 9 dollars.

If youi still have problems check the black wire going to your parking lights, that is your ground. I know mine has wiggled loose when I change my bulbs!

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
Arnt the flashers the same bulb as the blinkers? my flashers work, blinkers dont

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
yea they are 2 "stage" bulbs. if one is out it will cause them to not work. or check your grounds. also try swapping those round metal fuses. you should have 2 under there.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
My mony's on the flasher being bad, too.
Swap them and see what you get.

Tommy

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
I swapped both round metal fuses, damn... still not blinkers.
454RAT, the bulbs are good since the hazards work, right?

I dont hear the clicking noise the blinkers make when they are on, the lever does snap into the right, or left position, but no clicking noise once there. Im going to check with a meter to see if power is getting down to the metal fuses, then im outa ideas.
What about the switch in the coulmn. how the heck do i get to that?

MALIBU7902

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2003
Gurnee Illinois
---

When I had my dash out recently I forgot to plug the main harness
for the guage cluster in, so I had hazards but no turn signals. Mabye something related to this. Bad wire in the harness?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Well, since you said the hazards work, an easy test would be to turn those on, and walk around the car to see if any bulbs are out, a bulb or two may be out even though the hazards work. That would be the first test. Then if a bulb isn't working, check the ground (hey, it's free, compared to a new bulb ;)). If the ground checks out, check the bulb. If the bulb is ok, then the problem is most likely elseware. I'd possibly double check the connection on the column if you've been working around it/on it recently, and as Malibu7902 said, possibly if you've had the cluster out, that could possibly be the culprit, though when I've had mine out I could still hear the flasher working.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts