header fitment question

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Dynatech headers are quite heavy as they are made from 16 gauge, 1/16" wall tubing. I also do not like how they join tubes with the expanded/slip fits, then welded...prefer butt welded joints.

crd89stang

Dragway Regular
Jun 19, 2005
attleboro ma
10secBu said:
Dynatech headers are quite heavy as they are made from 16 gauge, 1/16" wall tubing. I also do not like how they join tubes with the expanded/slip fits, then welded...prefer butt welded joints.

def heavy but i would think they will last longer on a street car if your not looking for everylast bit of perf.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
We've repaired numerous dynotech dragster headers. All that weight hanging off the flanges causes them to crack & break...even with their so-called flange braces.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
10secBu said:
We've repaired numerous dynotech dragster headers. All that weight hanging off the flanges causes them to crack & break...even with their so-called flange braces.
thanks for the heads up. looking like im gonna drop the coin on the huslers.......almost 800 coated...ugh

MYMONTECARLO

Weekend Racer
Nov 7, 2008
CINCINNATI,OHIO
JUST CURIOUS IF YOU WENT W/#65218,HEDMAN-HUSSLER HEDDER,I'M ALSO THINKING OF BUYING THAT HEDDER FOR MY 78 MONTE.ANY PROBLEMS WITH FITTMENT,HOW THEY HOLDING UP?THANKS,ANY PICTURES??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!