Headlights Not Working. (stock wiring)

A

Anonymous

Before I run down to my local parts store and pick up a dimmer switch, is there anything else I should check? Just before I realized my headlights/dome lights didn't come on when the knob was pulled/door opened. I pulled that damn annoying alarm thats under the dash (that comeson when the lights are left on). Could it be that I killed it pulling it out and need to replace that or did my dimmer switch ironically take a crap at the same time? Oh, and yes I put the headlight alarm thing back in.

Thanks!

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
look at the wiring diagrams, grab a test light & verify you have power going to the switch, if you dont have power coming out then you know thats your problem

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Check you fuse for the interior lights too.

A

Anonymous

All the fuses are good. I checked the voltage at the plug going into the switch, and have nothing. Don't have any voltage at the fuse either. So, guess I'll keep moving down the pipe.

A

Anonymous

OK, Im going to get a look at those and see if I got any voltage.

Also, just tried to start the car. Its not starting now....this is getting to be a pain in the *ss.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
you're on the right track, just keep going down the line. Like Doober said, check the fusible links also

A

Anonymous

Im going to be going back out in a bit...Im betting that it might just be a fuseable link. If it is a fuseable link....I'll be wondering wtF caused it. :x

A

Anonymous

OK found the problems...the fuseable link that runs across the intake manifold didnt blow, but the wire broke off. (dunno...heat I guess).
Then as for the starter not engaging, the wire for the relay got pulled out of the crap connection I made a few years ago. (going to solder and shrink rap this connections this time and hope I wont have to deal with them again.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts