Help with sticking car to track

bad70nova

Weekend Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Leitchfield, KY
I am having a problem sticking my car to the track. A few details.

Basics 383 putting about 450 RWHP.
M/T ET Street's
Adjustable uppers pinion set a -3.5 the most i can just it wihtout major mods.
Front sway bar removed
rear sway bar added
Ice man traction bars added
Car full interior weights 3300 LBS (a street car with minor mods)

I can do my first burn out of the night (as suggested my M/T) hard and the car will hook every time after that it is hit and miss. have tried different burn out combanations different tire pressures with no success.

My question is i am thinking of adding QA1 shocks to the front that i can adjust when i get to the track allowing the front to raise eaiser hopefully transfering some weight. Any suggestions on what kind to get or other suggestions would be great.

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
Would need to see some video... If you car is hooking hard with your first burnout of the night I would say its just a matter of keeping an eye on your tire pressure as you make a few runs... I run my slicks at 18 and it dead hooks but after few hotlaps they will be up to 22 lbs or so... How is your front end travel, and what shock setup are you running now?? I run 90/10s up front and 50/50 rears. I wouldnt spend the money on coil overs until you really need them!

bad70nova

Weekend Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Leitchfield, KY
I just ordered a set of single adjustabel shocks for the front, good think one of the fronts was wore out wouldnt expand by iteslf. I am also moving the battery to the trunk tonight after a stop by the parts store. Along with a new set of shocks for the back just regular shocks.

hope to get everything together by friday and take it to the track i will let everyone know how it goes. Thanks for the tip about tire pressure i never check them after first pass i set them at 18 and forget them bad habbit never did that on drag car but this street car didnt think about it. Any suggestions on how to set the front shocks. Never used QA1 before.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts