hood struts for a 80 malibu with a fiberglass 4 in cowl hood

ghostrider

Daily Driver
May 26, 2014
colonia,nj
hi i have a 80 malibu i just put on a 4in cowl hood fiberglass ive been trying to find the hood strut kit for it anybody has the website or any other ideas thx

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
It is a shame many of the older threads were deleted. There was a lengthy thread about exactly what you want to do. I searched and can't find the thread. The specific strut make and part number was included as well as pictures. Hopefully, a similar thread may exist in other forums. If you find one, please report it back here.

Malihoochie-

May 1, 2020
I will try to get the part #'s off of my struts later when I get home. The ball studs came from Autozone and were Mighty-lift part # ML3000.
The part # of my struts was the first ones listed in that old post about this that some people said were a bit strong for the typical Harwood hood.

Reactions: shoedoos

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I will try to get the part #'s off of my struts later when I get home. The ball studs came from Autozone and were Mighty-lift part # ML3000.
The part # of my struts was the first ones listed in that old post about this that some people said were a bit strong for the typical Harwood hood.
You may have been the first to show how it was done. A few others refined it with softer struts that seemed to be ideal. Hopefully other legacy members who successfully used struts will chime in.
Can you add pictures to try and restore the technique?

Reactions: shoedoos

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!