Hook and un hook. with doulble adjustables...help

A

Anonymous

I run QA1 double adjustable rears and I am trying to figure the fine tune of this whole thing. I hook real hard on the initial hit, and then get some spin about 10-15 feet out.

Can't seem to keep the rear suspension "loaded" I run 90-10's up front and double adjustables for all my rear conrol arms. The body seperates from the rear upon launch so i set my extension soft and compression about 10 clicks in...doubles have 24 clicks on each adjustment (overwhelming).

Any advice here would be appreciated.

BTW run an anti roll bar and all that good stuff. Have been running 6.86 to 6.91 at 99mph , 60' are usually 1.52 1.55 in the 1/8 on a marginall preped grudge night track. shooting for 1.40 to 1.42 consistently

would like to get this thing to hook on this track consistently so i KNOW when I roll in on Saturday to go racing I will hook hard and go straight.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Try setting the compression & rebound both at 8 clicks from full loose. That's a good baseline setting from my car.

Any video?

If moving 15 feet then unloading sound it it may not have enough front end travel and unloading the rear tires when the front end comes back down too quickly.

You need a minimum of 5" of extension travel up front from static ride height.

BadLatitude

Daily Driver
Jun 11, 2008
Greenwich CT
If your front shocks are too loose and its throwing the front end up to macimum shock extension too fast you are then unloading the suspension when its comming down.

In a nutshell if your car throws the nose up too fast at soon as it hits max shock extension it starts to come down and unloads the rear suspension you making your car rise fast but not launch ... try tightening them up a bit so you carry your launch farther instead of just slapping your front end to max extension right on the line

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
BadLatitude said:
If your front shocks are too loose and its throwing the front end up to macimum shock extension too fast you are then unloading the suspension when its comming down.

In a nutshell if your car throws the nose up too fast at soon as it hits max shock extension it starts to come down and unloads the rear suspension you making your car rise fast but not launch ... try tightening them up a bit so you carry your launch farther instead of just slapping your front end to max extension right on the line

Exactly. You would need to get some adj. front's to do this though. What tire are you using, slick or radial?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts