inside fire wall padding

Hillbillyolds

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2010
in redoing my 79 cutlass ,im putting a grad prix dash and a ac delete in the car and the padding on the fire wall was all chewed up by mice and i need to now were i can find a replacementand

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
isn't that just a form of jute?i've seen opg selling those they look good all cut of the oem holes and everything.they call them"molded firewall insulation pads"

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
If you get the one from OPG, let me know how it is. I've been looking for the same but it's $200 for the formed one. Not sure if it's worth it compared to regular jute or sound deadner.

Hillbillyolds

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2010
i was looking at the one that opg has ans it doesnt look like the same as the one in my olds its made out of the same stuff but my old one is thicker and formed and has a almost hard tar cover on it

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
Hillbillyolds said:
i was looking at the one that opg has ans it doesnt look like the same as the one in my olds its made out of the same stuff but my old one is thicker and formed and has a almost hard tar cover on it

Thats how mine was, when I called OPG and asked about that all the guy could tell me was that the back was plastic.. didn't know how the front was. If it's just jute material bonded to a formed shell, then there's no need to spend that much on it.. my .02

Hillbillyolds

Daily Driver
Sep 21, 2010
yea im also looking at danmat also becase my orginal one is about half an inch thick and it was betwwen the fire wall and my brake pedal and i need to have it about the same thickness

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts