Intake manifolds...

SS402

Weekend Racer
May 10, 2008
Lakeland, Florida
Darin J said:
Has anyone done any testing comparing intakes and/or carb spacers. I'm trying to get the most out of my combination and am currently using the Hurricane intake. I was thinking of replacing it with something of better quality and am looking for some ideas. I put a carb spacer on it and picked up .05 and 1 mph. Just looking for some suggestions or any tips on improving the intake that I have or recommendations on a replacement. The engine is a 355 with 215 Iron Eagle Platinums, 255 @ .050 Ultradyne solid lifter cam, 12.5:1, and on E85.
Best time to date is a 12.25 @109 in a 4000lb truck on drag radials and exhaust. This engine may find its way in my G-Body whenever it is done.
step 1: lose the japcrap intake, use a single-plane high-rise instead, 850 carb, 4500+ stall.. imho the intae runners are too big for that 355, doesn't matter if it turns 7k rpm... a pair of 195's would get the air flowing a lot quicker than those 220's that belong on a 406. next issue: 255 @ .050" is not enough for a 12.5:1 static, your cylinder pressures are way high nd the engines having trouble fighting detonation, your pulling timing out s it doesn't ping... trust me i already know.. ya need to bleed off more cylinder pressure and get the dynamic CR down... do a compression test, i'm bettin the figures will be 190+. we can talk spacers later, ya gotta fix the important stuff first..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!