Intake manifolds...

RatDime

Frequent Racer
Oct 24, 2006
Ind
I have used a team g and a hurricane and no diff, its all in your combo. I guess do a dyno to get your results. Alot of people diss the hurricane due to its overseas, but I like it. :)

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
We have had some good results with the Hurricane intakes, but only larger cubic inch engines.

We did a dyno test on a 355 with a hurricane vs an rpm air gap and the air gap was over 30 ft lbs and 20 hp better from the stab of the throttle up to the mid range. By the peak rpm the hurricane was 7 hp better. The air gap was .3 quicker at the strip.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
CutlassRacer said:
We have had some good results with the Hurricane intakes, but only larger cubic inch engines.

We did a dyno test on a 355 with a hurricane vs an rpm air gap and the air gap was over 30 ft lbs and 20 hp better from the stab of the throttle up to the mid range. By the peak rpm the hurricane was 7 hp better. The air gap was .3 quicker at the strip.

thats very interesting, i would like to see other test between the two.....and people say you cant make power with a dual plane.

we run a dual plane with a 1" open spacer on the 454 in the 'bu and i dont mind sacraficing a few HP's for the incredible torque curve.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
CutlassRacer said:

thats very interesting, i would like to see other test between the two. Its swaying my decsision towards the airgap vs. the Team g with my new cam/head combo on my 355.

we run a dual plane with a 1" open spacer on the 454 in the 'bu and i dont mind sacraficing a few HP's for the incredible torque curve....and people say you cant make power with a low rise.

mightymouse0355

Pro Stocker
Oct 24, 2005
atco, new jersey
CutlassRacer said:
Definitely a Victor JR with an HVH spacer would be a better setup than a hurricane on a 355.
x2

mightymouse0355

Pro Stocker
Oct 24, 2005
atco, new jersey
Re: spacer help

footbrake said:
Sounds like you guys are pretty knowledgable on spacers so help me out here. What would a 1" open spacer do under my QJ on my 454 motor?
hey footbrake, get rid of that qj and stock intake and you would pick up probaly half a sec or better

A

Anonymous

I tried a 2" plastic open spacer last year and I could not richen the mixture back up enough because I didn't have small enough pills with me. Long story short, it added a lot more air to the engine, but I could not see the full benefits of it because of not being able to add the needed fuel back in to the mixture.

Phantom

Pro Stocker
Oct 9, 2004
DeSoto Wi
My engine made 18 more HP on the dyno with a 2 inch phenolic spacer

SS402

Weekend Racer
May 10, 2008
Lakeland, Florida
I must have missed what size carb the op was using....
the hvh super-sucker is a tapered 4-hole unit designed
for the perfprmer rpm or other manifolds with the
divider wall cut down forming a window...
I used it on my 355 and it made a tremendous difference,
I'm presently finishing up the 402 in my monte and it has
the rpm air-gap with a HVH super-sucker and a BG 750 Mighty Demon,
Haven't fired the motor yet but i expect to perform very well..

George

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts