key buzzer

A

Anonymous

i checked the wiring diagrams and couldnt seem to find this one.

the key buzzer. mine worked for like 1 day, then stopped.

is it something simple to fix, or is it more complex?

Chopper

Dragway Regular
Oct 20, 2004
Midland, Michigan
Check for power at the buzzer with the key in the ignition and the door open. Does your dome light work with the door open? If it does, then you know the door switch is good. Could be you have a bad buzzer.

I'm looking at the factory manual for my Cutlass right now. It says you could have a bad turn signal switch. You need to check the buzzer continuity at the connector on the steering column. If you look at the column from underneath you will see a flat connector with multiple wires. You need to take it apart and use a paper clip (bent in a U shape) to check the connection at the column. Without a service manual it would be hard to explain it. It's not hard to figure out but without the pics I have you would only be guessing. It also says you could have a bad key lock cylinder of all things. Find a factory manual is my best answer.

God luck.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the help

im gonna play around with it later

Good luck with it. I would like to add the key buzzer to my wagon, but I don't have a schematic for it. I wonder if I just have to add the buzzer to the fuse box?

A

Anonymous

liquidh8 said:
Good luck with it. I would like to add the key buzzer to my wagon, but I don't have a schematic for it. I wonder if I just have to add the buzzer to the fuse box?
im not sure, i still havent goten it to work yet

BTW, your wagon is the same color as mine

BTW, your wagon is the same color as mine

poop brown metallic, nice! lol. i thought it would grow on me but it hasn't. lol :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

lol i dont like the color, i wanna paint my car metallic ford blue. i love that color

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts