L92 cutlass SS PICTURES... WITH A/C

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
It appears that L92cuttySS is using the 4.3 S10 setup. There are a few guys on LS1Tech.com that are running that setup. It's the setup I plan on running for my swap. You get the bracket, compressor and tensioner from a NON-Vortec 4.3L S-10. You have to cut the bottom part of the 4.3 bracket off, but it bolts up and the belt lines up perfect. You may need to modify a couple brace bars to work, but no biggie. L92cuttySS, it would be great if you would give details about your particular A/C setup.

Looks great, BTW!

A

Anonymous

im not sure wat the 4.3 s-10 setup is but its probably the same. my bracket came off a caprice with the serpentine setup. i cut off the bottom half and left the 2 original mounting holes that bolt up to the head. 1 bolts up to the head and the other i put it to 1 of the bolt holes where the stock tensioner was. i had to remove the stock tensioner and idler pulley so the belt would clear. i also had to pry out the water neck because the trucks water pump has a neck that interferes with the a/c brackets tensioner housing. i used some quik steel and hit it back in at the angle where it cleared everything, so far so good no leaks... the tensioner on the a/c bracket was putting to much pressure on the belt so i took it off and drilled a new hole for the dowel pin to release some pressure off the belt. after a couple trips to advance auto parts for longer belts and some nuts & bolts the job was done. well if any other questions feel free to ask and ill get to them asap. or if its easier for u, jus place an order and ill send u the modified bracket with all the hardware needed. lol

A

Anonymous

011jpg-1.jpg

TheTransplant107.jpg

TheTransplant109-1.jpg

013jpg-1.jpg

JRodS79

Pro Stocker
Nov 28, 2005
kansas city mo
can you please post part numbers or what hoses used when you run the ac lines

Marco2

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2007
oceanside,ca
I may be wrong, but Im planning on modifying the bracket just like he did. I will use stock Olds 307 a/c lines and the condensor which has its connections on the passenger side. The A/C compressor looks to be in the same general location as stock. Unfortunately for us Chevy guys with the A/C compressor on the drivers side we have to move it to the passenger and use the Olds parts to tie the system together.

A

Anonymous

Yea ur rite the cutlass' and regals have the a/c on the passenger side from factory so the lines and dryer and condenser arent a mission to find. Any auto parts store can get them.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts