LC2 Buick 3.8

I know this is Maliburacing, but since I am replacing my 'bu long roof with the Buick Century long roof, I know I'll still be accepted, lol :mrgreen:

Anyhow, was wondering if you guys would be interested in my 3.8 progress/build-up/repairs? I was gonna post it all in my thread in the gallery area. But wanted to keep you V6'ers informed ya know?

guitargoalie

Amateur Racer
Nov 15, 2005
Central Mass
It's still a GM motor so I don;t see there being a problem.

I played around with a 3.8 Buick I had in a Cutlass a few years ago, really they are pretty torquey little engines. Only down side is the oil pressure problems but they make plenty of fixes for those problems now!

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
I hear ya there. I have the high pressure, differnt gears, yadda yadda. Think it was a kenne bell kit. Has a think ol plate the gets put in there and all. oil pressure is like 25-35 psi hot idle, 60-75 at the higher RPMs. I am happy with it.

guitargoalie

Amateur Racer
Nov 15, 2005
Central Mass
Yeah I assume you got the steel end plate too? does wonders to keep the tolerances nice and close (I.E aluminum expands like a mother when hot)

Do you have the engine built up at all as far as performance goodies?

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
I have that plate too.

No, the engine is a stocker in the long block. I just picked it up last year. Had the upper end torn down for new gaskets and inspection, then porting the intake, plenum and turbo. I'll have the pan off in the summer too replace the rear main seal with a 2 piece neophrene unit. Getting rid of the rope seal.
Then comes the roller cam swap. :twisted:

TBH this thing ran like $#!t when I got it, so just gettting it to run correctly with all the bolt ons and the fried/broke stuff from the previous owner :evil: has taken some time/money. turbo buick stuff is @ premium prices! :shock:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts