Lincoln versallies 9"?

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
Kinda curious what it would take to put one of these into my camino. Anybody know of any specs on these?

I know they are disc brake,26 spline axles. Also have spring perches but do they have the ears on the top of the housing for upper control arms? also anybody know width of this rear?

Thanks in advance!

barnym17

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2008
ohio
They are 1/4 inch narrower than stock 7.5, order the weld on upper and lower brackets from Speedway, Day motorsports etc.(circle track stuff).Put one mine pretty easy.If you use the stock flat flange that comes on the rearend stock and get the flat flange to match with an adapter u-joint the stock driveshat length is perfect no need for cutting.All in all a good swap. The axles are 28 spline not 26.

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
I wonder why I havnt heard more about this swap. Other than welding on the upper ears and lower mounts and having to deal with a ford bolt pattern it doesnt sound like a bad swap. These were open carrier rears right? Did you use the stock disc brake setup and axles/carrier? Im going to call around and see how much it would cost to have the brackets and ears professionally welded.

Please tell me more about this swap. Inquiring minds want to know

Thanks

STROKERBU

Weekend Racer
Jan 20, 2009
Savannah, GA
You can have the axled redrilled by a machine shop to chevy bolt pattern, The might be ablt to do the disc too...

jitteryguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2009
Afganistan
I used a Versailles for a donor on my swap , the bolt patern on the wheel's is big Ford (truck), the disc brake part's are a little high and were have'n trouble even get'n new caliper's .
I had our axle's and rotor's redrill'd to a Chevy patern , that was'nt a big deal , 130 buck's for that part .

barnym17

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2008
ohio
I used the weld on brackets from speedway motors $9.95 ea. 85 jeep cherokee front rotors. 79 malibu calipers. Redrilled my wheels for the Ford bolt pattern.Less than $200.00 in the swap.But if I had it to do over I would consider an 8.8 swap from an explorer available here for $100.00 with a 4.10 posi and all the brakes with it.

schoust

Daily Driver
May 31, 2009
Ct. litchfield County (Bethlehem)
Dam I looked at one of those rear ends yesterday at a swap meet and the guy that had it was not very optimistic about it and I said the heck with it. It was cheap to! Oh well I guess I'll keep hunting that's all.........

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts