Losing my mind- pinion angle

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
harmonic balancer change it the rubber is probably worn out if stock, if it's professional products pull it off and throw it away and spend the cheddar on a Fluid Damper or an OEM replacement

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Are you using the same yoke as before? Perhaps it was damaged and causing a wobble, as you described.

Vibrations don't have to be constant. They can get worse or better depending upon rotational speed. If the vibration occurs at the natural frequency of a driveline part, that part will explode.

cleetus

Amateur Racer
Sep 5, 2006
NJ
New slip yoke. And the front yoke area looks fine, whatever vibration in the DS is coming from the rear's yoke/pinion area. You can see it when up on stands.

cleetus

Amateur Racer
Sep 5, 2006
NJ
Here's a vid of the yoke: Doesn't show anything out of the ordinary afaik, and the wobble may be an optical illusion...

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
If it is vibrating in neutral than it is not in the driveline anymore it is in the balance of the engine it self the balancer the flexplate or the torque converter

cleetus

Amateur Racer
Sep 5, 2006
NJ
I was able to get about a 1/4 turn on one of the converter bolts. I also reset my angle to -1.5* and took it for a spin. Somehow, it was a smooth ride all the way to 3500 rpm....

I'm sure when I take it out later this week, it'll be back :p

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts