low on knowledge

454BBCMalibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
MONTEZUMA KS
Hey guys I recently bought a 79 malibu im in the 11th grade and i love quarter mile racing. I know this car now really well and am getting it how i want it. Except for the suspension im totally lost when it comes to this. I dont know much about it the car has a ford 9" rear end with drag shocks right now thats pretty well all i know with drum breaks on the rear and disc on the front. pretty sure its all stock i dont know what had to be modified to get the new rear end in it. Can somebody help with things i might need to absolutly change or something that will help me out. ill be making about 475 to 525 ponies with a th350 transmission 100 shot of wet nitrous on the motor

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx 22-44-21.jpeg
    GetAttachment.aspx 22-44-21.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 878

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Some boxed upper and lower rear control arms wouldnt hurt. and maybe a airbag in the right rear spring. set of drag shocks up front. That would be a starting point.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Check out Iceman Racing at the top of the page. He builds some good control arms and they are budget friendly. Also might check out the suspension FAQ's and the FAQ'S on the home page. Good luck with your project. Feel free to post any other questions you may have. Somebody here is always willing to lend a hand.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!