Lowering front end

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
I have never lowered a car before, so it would be nice if you could tell me which components I need to lower my front end about 1"

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Best way to drop the front 1 inch is with drop spindles you can order online at Summit or Jegs.

Phoneguy

Amateur Racer
Nov 18, 2009
Central fl
I could be wroung but I think spindles drop 2". Also if you run 15" wheels you might have a issue with the wheel rubbing on the lower a-arm, I know this happens on s-10's. If I were you I would either cut your stock springs or buy new springs wit a little drop.

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
It must be differences in wheel offsets as I have 15X6 w 3" backspace
and 2" drop spindles on mine and don't have any clearance issues at all,while you're in there don't forget some HD shocks and if yours is like everyone elses (that hasn't been rebuilt already) the springs could probably stand to be replaced,by the way make shure all your ball joints,bushings and tie rod ends are in good shape as well,good luck,
KillerDave

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
I am going to buy new wheels and tires for the whole car so I wont lower it until that is done..

But won't these be enough(if all the joints, bushings and whatnot are in good shape :D)?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GLS-S-16/

Edit: Oh and the front wheels will most likely be 15x8 with 3,75" backspace

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Yea the springs are OK for an inch but if you want to go lower spindles are the best way to go so you don't mess with the suspension geometry
which affects your handling,I don't know about the 15X8's on the front though,especially lowered,I had a 79,stock front suspension,had 15X7 chevy ralley rims,I think 3 1/2 backspace,at first it had 255/60 15's on it and they rubbed all the time in parking lots anyway,I later switched to 235/60 and they never rubbed at all,anyway 15 X 8 is going to be tight as there's not a lot of room up front on a Bu,of course tire size and profile make a difference as well,anyway good luck and let us know how it works out! Later,KillerDave

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
I think my options are 225 or 235/50, or do you think 245/50's would fit?
I'm not looking for much drop so I think those springs are the best choise I have..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts